- The new Security & Concierge Module
- Fine-tuning of the Amenity Booking Module
- Improvements to other existing features
- Our upcoming customer survey
Security & Concierge ModuleDo you have a security team providing 24 hour security in your building? If so, our newest feature will interest you. We have now launched our Security & Concierge Module for condominium security guards. This feature allows your security guards to track visitor parking, packages, incidents, and more… so you can finally say goodbye to those big binders that you have on your security desk! Here’s how it works:
- Visitor parking. Visitors register their vehicle details when they arrive. The guard then enters the visitor’s information into the system, along with the unit they are visiting and the visitor’s expected departure time. When it’s time for a patrol the guard prints a report showing all registered vehicles. They can then check each vehicle against the list and issue tickets to any vehicle that is not registered.
- Visitor / contractor sign-in. You can also use our visitor feature to track visitors and contractors that come into the building.
- Package tracking. The package tracking feature helps you keep a log of all packages received by the front desk. The guard logs new package as they are received, and the recipient automatically receives an email alerting them to the new package. The guard then updates the record again when the package is released to its recipient. The system can help you to capture signatures electronically (using a signature pad) or you can track signatures on paper.
- Incident reports. Vandalism, floods, break-ins, and theft are all an unfortunate part of condominium living. By using the incident reporting feature your guards can track this information online. This ensures your records are secure, searchable, and easily accessible from anywhere.
- Pass-on communication logs. Security staff often have important information they need to share with the rest of their team. The security log feature makes it possible for guards to post messages that will be displayed to their colleagues the next time they log into the system. All security guards are prompted to review the information and acknowledge it after they sign in.
- Unit File and File Library. Security guards can also use the other existing features of Condo Control Central. For example, they can view the unit file so the security team no longer needs to keep a separate record of unit and resident details. They can also use the file library to store important documents. For example, documents such as standing orders, operating procedures, and emergency contact information can be stored online.
Mark Your Calendar: Security & Concierge Module Launch Event
September 13Would you like to see a demonstration of the new module in person, and meet the Condo Control Central team? Well now’s your chance! You are invited to attend our Security & Concierge Module Launch Event on Thursday, September 13 at 1 pm. The event will include food, drinks, a demo, and Q&A.
|Date:||Thursday, September 13, 2012|
|Time:||1:00 pm – 2:30 pm|
|Where:||First Canadian Place, 100 King Street West, Suite 5700, Toronto|
|Who should attend:||Condo Control Central customers who have on-site security, or anyone who manages condo security.|
|What is it exactly?||A fun event with:
Amenity Booking UpdatesWe have been working closely with many of you to fine-tune the amenity booking module we launched in March. Here are some of the most significant changes we’ve made:
- It’s now easier to check amenity availability. If you have several similar amenities, such as four guest suites, or two board rooms, you can now easily check availability by “type”. This is more convenient and faster than having to check availability for each individual amenity.
- Amenities can now have blackout periods. This allows you to restrict when certain amenities can be booked. For example, if you don’t want the moving elevator to be booked from 5 to 7 pm, you can now enforce this type of restriction.
Other ImprovementsHere are some of the other new features we’ve added over the last few months:
- Addition of “invitations” to all event email notices. This allows you to accept and save events into your email program. The feature is compatible with all popular smart phones and email programs, including Microsoft Outlook, iPhone, BlackBerry, and GMail.
- More detailed unit information tracking. You can now track the following information in the unit file: parking spots, lockers, vehicles, buzzer codes, emergency contact information, fob/remote serial numbers, and pet details.
- Automatic PDF conversion and faster file viewing. We heard from many of you that it took too many clicks to open announcements and file library attachments. We have streamlined this process so that it now takes only one click to open an announcement and any attached files are automatically shown as a PDF with no additional clicking. (The same will soon be implemented for the file library as well.)
- Password reset by text message. In order to allow users to reset their own passwords quickly and securely, we added a feature that allows users to send themselves a new password via text message. This method of password reset is both secure and convenient.