Virtual Meeting FAQ
Welcome to our virtual meeting FAQ section! This page will be updated as we receive new questions. Please click the question to view the answers.
Think of our Virtual Meeting as a service that helps you collect votes in advance of a meeting, and facilitate voting during a live meeting. We also integrate with Zoom for the audio /video portion of your meeting so participants can see and hear what’s going on. We provide a live moderator to run the meeting for you as well if you do not want to lead the meeting yourself.
There are two key components which make our platform different than a regular online meeting:
- Condo Control facilitates and manages voting (both in advance of and during the meeting)
- Attendance is controlled by our software so you can have confidence that only authorized members are participating
A virtual meeting costs $2.99 per unit, per meeting, with a minimum price of $499 per meeting. If you would like to have a moderator run your meeting, there is an additional cost of $999. Discounts are available to existing Condo Control customers.
No. For a limited time, we are making the platform available to anyone who wants to use it.
Possibly, but it’s not a simple yes or no answer. You will need to talk to your lawyer or solicitor to get their advice. If you need us to participate in a discussion on the finer points of legality in your jurisdiction, please reach out.
We have received legal information from our counsel confirming that this service is legal in Ontario, Canada.
Please submit the form here . Our team will confirm whether your meeting date is available and start the setup process as soon as we receive your order.
We do not offer quotes for this service to those who are not Condo Control clients. You can calculate how much the service will cost using the pricing information above. If you would like to place an order, we will send an invoice to you immediately after we confirm your request.
Please speak to your customer success manager if you are an existing client.
You can pay by credit card, pre-authorized bank debit, electronic funds transfer (EFT, ACH or wire transfer), or cheque. Payment must be received before your virtual meeting can begin.
These are the 3 things we require:
- We will need your full AGM package including any supporting materials (for example, candidate resumes, by-laws to be passed, etc).
- We will need your owner roster including unit #, first name, last name, email address, phone number, and unit address, in the prescribed Excel format we provide you.
- We also require your commitment to attend a ½ hour training and practice session which will be held before the meeting registration opens. The meeting chairperson must attend this session.
The moderator’s role is assist the chairperson and ensure the meeting runs smoothly. They will admit attendees to the meeting, coordinate opening the microphone for participants as needed so they can speak, monitor the chat for questions, and send votes to the meeting attendees as votes happen during the meeting.
You can provide your own moderator, but it does need to be a separate role from the chairperson.