Condo owners frequently tell us that their property managers still send paper documents by mail.
New Feature to Help you Print and Mail Fewer Documents
Date Published: Nov 15th, 2017
Introducing Our Improved Paperless Delivery FeatureToday I am excited to announce our improved "paperless delivery" feature. We are specifically addressing the issues above to give you a legally-sound way to send documents electronically, even for mandatory documents like AGM notices, budgets, and more. The following video shows how it works. Here's a common scenario: a property manager needs to distribute the annual buddget.
- The manager posts the budget letter to Condo Control Central. When they post it, the system asks the manager for a deadline when they will be sending paper copies. The manager chooses a date 24-48 hours in the future. This becomes the deadline for collecting owner responses.
- Our system sends email notifications to all owners who have email addresses. The email instructs the user to review the document and opt out of receiving paper.
- When the paper delivery deadline arrives, the system emails the property manager with a summary of responses to date, and allows them to print or save two very important reports:
- The Proof of Electronic Delivery Report. This includes full details of every user who opted out of receiving a paper copy. The report includes their full details (unit number, name, email address, date and time of acknowledgement, and IP address).
- The Mailing List for Paper Copies Report This report can be used to mail merge mailing labels or envelopes for all owners who did not opt-out of a paper copy.
- The property manager uses the mailing list to print labels and deliver paper copies for everyone who didn't opt-out of receiving paper.
- Finally, in cases where it is required, these two reports together are filed with the "Proof of Notice" to clearly show how the documents were delivered to owners (some by email, some by mail).