How online property management and property management apps benefit condo boardsEvery condo owner wants to protect their investment. It's easy enough manage your own unit, but a board of directors is still needed. They ensure all condo owners (and residents) follow the rules. As well as keeping the exterior and common areas of the building are kept in great condition. With those needs comes a list of responsibilities involving maintenance, finances, and more. Condo board members are responsible for:
- Tracking required repairs
- Planning upgrades that contribute to the value of the building
- Coordinating tasks - ie. approving budgets.
Real-Time Access to InformationSolving community problems is one of the responsibilities of the board. And nothing makes this task easier than to have access to information at your fingertips. With online property management, board members have access to incident reports. Condo management software makes it easy to track details of an incident. At a tap, know if there was police involvement, and determine if there are possible legal issues. Some incidents are not efficiently or properly reported for whatever reason. Often these incidents and even other various issues pop up on the online condo discussion forum. The condo discussion forum is a valuable online property management tool. It allows condo boards to keep a pulse on the community. The forums let owners communicate their concerns and suggestions to improve the condo.
MaintenanceCondo boards are responsible for repairs and maintenance of common areas. These common areas can include:
- The building’s exterior
- Tennis court
- & other communal amenities
- Track maintenance repairs and inspections
- Take care of invoices related to those repairs
- Track tasks in case more than one repair is needed
- Repair prioritization
- Record keeping
- Approving expenses for repairs based on the budget
- Approving upgrades based on the budget